- Warm up the tea vessel with freshly boiled water.
- Quantity of tea leaves: about 1/2 tea spoon for a cup or 1-2 per small tea pot. The strength of the tea could be adjusted to personal preference by adjusting the amount of the tea leaves put in.
- Pour the freshly boiled water (100oC) into the tea vessel, rinse the tea leaves for up to 2 seconds and dispose the water.
- Add freshly boiled water, allow to brew for around 10-30 seconds, depending on the tea varieties and strength preferred, before serving.
- Repeat infusions: The tea leaves can be used for repeat infusions for up to 3-6 times depending on the tea varieties by just topping up with hot - until the flavor is not more. Increase brewing time by about 10-20 seconds with each additional infusion.
- Most of premium Chinese teas are hand handled. We always recommend to rinse the tea leaves for up to 5 seconds before brewing.
- Recommended tea vessel: Zi Sha teapot.
- Do not soak tea leaves (eg, leaving the leaves in the liquid in a big pot for a long period). Use a small tea vessel wherever it is possible. Freshly made and served teas taste best.
- A premium Zi Sha teapot is ideal, alternatively one of the authentic Chinese tea sets will serve all your needs.
Black teas' storage:
- store in a cool, dry place that is absent from foreign odour and direct sun light;
- keep unopened satchels sealed until it is ready to be used.
To order our premium black teas, please go to: Buy black tea .