How to remove tea stains from tea cups
For those who are visiting this page, I expect you have experienced what is the image – tea stains. Tea stains are inevitable for the regular tea consumers, especially for those who like dark teas, such as some Oolong, black tea, Hei Cha or Pu-erh tea.
Following are some quick, economic and safe ways to remove the tea stains:
- Bi-carb soda, the cheapest and safest cleaning agent around. Apply a small amount and rub with a sponge or brush with a toothbrush if inside a teapot. The stains are gone in no time without causing any harm to the tea vessel.
- Sault. Apply a small amount and rub with a sponge.
- Lemon peel. Soak the tea vessel with the sains in warm water with lemon peel in it for a few hours before brushing.
- Coke or soda water are good cleaning agents due to the acidic nature of the solution.
- Powder detergents such as Jif in Australia are extremely effective. Use the unscented ones and avoid using them on unglazed and porous materials such as Yixing Zisha.