Caffeine & Insomnia related:
- Tea contains caffeine (equivalent to 1/4 cup of coffee).
- It is therefore not recommended for people who are over-sensitive to caffeine.
- Interestingly, some research on de-caffeinated green tea showed that most of the health benefits disappeared with the remove of the caffeine.
- Similalry for those who suffer from insomnia, avoid drinking tea in the afternoon.
- Tea reduces the absorption of iron.
- Therefore , for those who are iron deficient, it is recommended not to drink tea with meals.