The authentic Fuding white teas
The authentic white teas produced in the white teas’ heartland Fuding and Zhenghe of the Fujian Province (south-east of China), made from the plant species Fuding Da Bai Hao (福鼎大白毫 -Fuding Big White Fur/down) have always been considered as one of the top premium Chinese teas and have their unique role on the premium Chinese teas’ stage.
What is so special about Fuding white teas
Fuding white teas are known for their:
- Limited production – only produced in a small pocket area of the Fujian Province of China.
- Made from the unique species of the tea plan Fuding Da Bai Hao (福鼎大白毫 -Fuding Big White Fur/down), the tea leaves are strong, bold and rich in flavour.
- Least processed tea of all teas, no rubbing, pressing or baking, simply withered and sun dried (with highly developed skills).
- Refreshingly sweet in nature when fresh, age into mature teas with potent medicinal functions if stored probably.
Reasons for Fuding white teas' price hike
The Fuding white teas’ prices have in fact sky rocketed during the recent years. The market announced a 10-20% price hike over the 2018 new year after 10-35% increase in 2017 – determined by the market demand and supply ratio.
There reasons behind the hikes are as follow.
Aged tea consumption culture
- Fresh and delicate to drink when young, similar to their green tea cousins.
- Age as un-processed teas while reserves all the natural ‘goodness’.
The ageing value only lays with the authentic Fuding white teas
White teas produced using other tea tree species, or using other methods than the original Fuding white teas' processing method do not possess the Fuding white teas' ageing potential and health properties.
Buy new tea, drink aged tea
Unlike most of other tea varieties, which are at their prime either fresh or well aged, white teas are ideal for consumption both young and aged. The locals have a tradition of buying seasonal white teas and drinking aged white teas.
The all rounded natures of Fuding white teas, the bold and elegant appearance, the gentle yet delicate pure flavour and the potent health effects all contribute to their increasing favour among tea consumers.