A good cup of tea is dependent on both the tea quality and its preparation.
Poor preparation will reduce appearance and taste and devalue the initial quality of the tea purchased.
Preparation methods differ between teas and tea types. Instructions below are offered as a guide.
With time and experience, you as a tea drinker will derive your own tea preparation technique and preferences in regards tea vessel used, tea type and flavour, tea strength, brewing time.
Green tea preparation and storage guide
Dragon Well,Bi Luo Chun, Mao Ferng, Mao Jian and Peach Creek Green Tea
Most high quality green teas are made of young tender tea leaf tips. The trick in preparing green tea is to avoid over steeping the tea leaves.
- Quantity of tea leaves: about 1/2 tea spoon of the tea leaves per cup or 1 tea spoon per small tea pot. (The strength of the tea could be adjusted to personal preference by adjusting the amount of the tea leaves put in.)
- Boil water and pour into tea vessel, let the water temperature drop down to around 85-90OC before adding tea leaves.
- Allow to brew for 1-2 minutes before serving. Don't put a lid on the teapot to reduce the chance of stewing the tea.
- Repeat infusions: The tea leaves can be used for repeat infusions for up to 3-4 times by just adding hot water, slightly increase brewing time with each extra infusion.
- Most of premium Chinese teas are hand handled. We always recommend rinsing the tea leaves for up to 10 seconds before brewing.
- Recommended tea vessel: GLASS. Made of tender and young tea leaves, most of fine green teas present a dynamic and elegant 'under water forest' when hot water is added. Do not waste it as part of your green tea enjoyment.
- Do not make green tea too strong, otherwise a bitter taste could be induced.
- Do not soak tea leaves. Use a small tea vessel wherever it is possible. Fresh made and freshly served tea tastes the best.
Green teas’ storage:
- store in a cool, dry place that is absent from foreign odour;
- keep the unopened satchels refrigerated to prolong the freshness.
To order our premium green tea, please go to: GREEN TEA .